Perez outstanding for U12s
Stoke Hill Rangers 0, Sidmouth Warriors U12s 0
Sidmouth Warriors U12s were outstanding against high flying Stoke Hill Rangers away in the league and were very unlucky not to come away with all the points, writes Simon Jones.
After back to back wins the Warriors started confidently against a good Stoke Hill team. Cooke and Silk were linking up well down the right and created chances for Buckland and Perez who both went close. The back four of Jones, Woodruff, Hayman and Mead kept it very tight at the back and on the few occasions Stoke Hill did get through, Ollie Perez was outstanding.
The half time whistle blew with the score 0-0 and the Warriors on top.
The second half was much the same as the first with Man of the Match Silk outstanding -he put in some great crosses and had a number of efforts on goal, one a volley from 20 yards which narrowly missed. Lowe and Perez had to put a real shift in as Stoke Hill sensed that they could snatch a result.
You may also want to watch:
Great defending by Woodruff and Hayman stopped them having many chances. With five minutes left, a pinpoint corner from Silk was headed goalwards by Gosse but, once again, Stoke Hill cleared it off the line. With time running out Stoke Hill managed to get through the Warriors’ defence but, just when they thought they were going to score, Silk appeared from nowhere to clear the danger. Shortly afterwards the whistle blew on a 0-0 draw which didn’t tell the whole story!
Unbeaten now in four. What is more satisfying though is the way the team are playing. Keep it up boys.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
Team; Ollie Perez, Matt Jones, Tom Woodruff, Kade Hayman, Joe Lowe , Jack Silk, Ben Gosse, Elliot Perez, Tom Cooke , Ethan Mead, Joe Buckland, Leon Sinker and Alex Thomas.