Perryman brace as Sidmouth march on in Premier Cup
Sidmouth Town booked a 2nd round place in the Graddon Vending Devon Premier Cup with a 4-1 win over East Devon rivals Axminster Town.
Town stared brightly and went ahead in the 12th minute with a goal from Mike Stamp. Axminster, looking for their first win of the season, battled for every ball and made Sidmouth work hard for the next 20 minutes.
The visitor’s hard work was rewarded with a penalty which was confidently dispatched to level the scores.
After allowing Axminster to get back into the game Sidmouth decided to start playing for each other again and went ahead before half time when Andrew Thomson slotted home after some good work from Nathan Brace.
After the break the Vikings took control of the game creating several opportunities. A number were spurned before Tom Perryman eventually made it 3-1 with an excellent strike after Thomson opened up the Axminster defence.
You may also want to watch:
Perryman struck again ten minutes later with a superb shot complete the scoring.
In Monday’s draw, Town were paired with Exmouth Town with the tie being played at Southern Road, Exmouth on Saturday, November 5.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98