Perryman brace as Sidmouth march on in Premier Cup
Sidmouth Town booked a 2nd round place in the Graddon Vending Devon Premier Cup with a 4-1 win over East Devon rivals Axminster Town.
Town stared brightly and went ahead in the 12th minute with a goal from Mike Stamp. Axminster, looking for their first win of the season, battled for every ball and made Sidmouth work hard for the next 20 minutes.
The visitor’s hard work was rewarded with a penalty which was confidently dispatched to level the scores.
After allowing Axminster to get back into the game Sidmouth decided to start playing for each other again and went ahead before half time when Andrew Thomson slotted home after some good work from Nathan Brace.
After the break the Vikings took control of the game creating several opportunities. A number were spurned before Tom Perryman eventually made it 3-1 with an excellent strike after Thomson opened up the Axminster defence.
You may also want to watch:
Perryman struck again ten minutes later with a superb shot complete the scoring.
In Monday’s draw, Town were paired with Exmouth Town with the tie being played at Southern Road, Exmouth on Saturday, November 5.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal