Pidgeon goal sees SOHC ladies 1st XI to super victory at Redland UWE
Redland UWE 0, Sidmouth and Ottery 1sts 1 SOHC ladies’ senior side claimed a superb victory thanks to a second half goal from Lea Pigeon.
Getting to the venue proved to be an experience for some! Some interesting navigation from some members of the team saw some vehicles almost crossing the Severn into Wales!
Happily all were resent for the start and SOH made were quickly into their stride looking particularly bright on the flanks where Nicky Bishop and Sara Roberts were prominent.
In the first half, SOHC had a few penalty corner opportunities, but, despite some crisp strikes, were unable to find the back of the net. At the other end of the pitch the SOHC defence was equal to the best the hosts could offer.
After the break SOHC made another high-tempo start and it was no surprise when the deadlock was eventually broken – in their favour! After a slick passing move Lea Pigeon weaved her way round the home keeper before slotting the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Thereafter SOHC closed the game out very efficiently. Emily Ackland and Nicky Bishop proved a strong left side combination, affording the home side no room to manoeuvre. Anna Kingsley switched the play well throughout. However, the player that won the coveted Player of the Match award was the Ellie Marok.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair