Piper hat-trick as SOHC ladies 2nd XI win well
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ second team were 3-1 winners when they came up against ECVH.
Indeed, such was the SOHC control on proceedings that they scored all the games four goals!
Fran Piper helped herself to a hat-trick while the unfortunate Katie Underwood was the ‘scorer’ of the own goal that got the opposition on the score board!
Fran Piper was the Player of the Match award winner, but special mention was also reserved for the performance of Caitlin Perry who stepped up into the side and looked very comfortable.
This coming Saturday (March 4) the ladies second team are involved in the ‘big one’ when they entertain current table-toppers Weston-super-Mare.
You may also want to watch:
Given that SOHC sport a magnificent plus 77 goal difference any sort of home win will see the team take over at the top of the table when the final whistle is blown.
Saturday’s big game takes place at Ottery St Mary with a 12.30pm start.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival