Piper stars as ladies’ 2nd XI plot route to safety
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ 2nd XI were good value for an outstanding 3-1 home win over Taunton Vale.
It was also a vital victory for it means there is still a route out of the Sedgemoor Division One relegation zone with a couple of games to play.
There was some dynamic work from midfielders Anna Rowson, Rachel Ward and Caroline Biggs whilst Chrissie Mitchell, playing out of her usual position, was outstanding and Lucy Gosling coped excellently with her task.
SOHC dominated play for long periods and scored goals through Fran Piper, Izzy Stribling and Alice Dormer.
There was some terrific passing throughout and Amalie Tavenor can be very proud of her impressive debut.
You may also want to watch:
The SOHC Player of the Match award was Fran Piper.
On Saturday (March 17), the ladies’ 2nd XI travel to meet a Burnham-on-Sea side that sit two places and one point above them in the Sedgemoor Division Two table.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
With the 2nd team’s final game being a home meeting with third placed Mid Somerset, a win at Burnham should ensure there is no chance of a bottom two finish in the league this season.