Pitt at the double in opening day Otterton success
- Credit: Archant
Otterton 4, Stoke Hill 3 Otterton began the new Fresha League Division Six season with a hard-fought success against a tough Stoke Hill side.
Both Kevin Pitt and Simon Tuley marked their return to the club with goals.
The first half was an even affair with both sides fashioning, and spurning good scoring opportunities.
Otterton keeper Adam Williams was in good form whilst his opposite number kept out good efforts from Ben Yeomans and Simon Tuley.
The second half exploded into action with Pitt firing the hosts ahead a minute after the re-start courtesy of a stunning volley from 15-yards.
You may also want to watch:
Pitt was soon again on the score sheet, but the visitors were immediately back in the game with their first of the match. A penalty was tucked away by Otters skipper Lee Mitchell to restore his side’s two-goal advantage.
Back came the Exeter side with a brace of penalties to make it 3-3.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
With the clock ticking down Charlie Copleston got away down the wing and when he crossed the ball into the area there was Tuley to had it firmly home to secure a deserved first day success.
Otterton: Adam Williams, Nick Tweedie, Simon Trim, Phil Thomas, Luke Iddon, Ben Yeomans, Jon Dack, Lee Mitchell, Gary Williams, Simon Tuley Kevin Pitt. Subs used; Charlie Copleston and Ryan Mitchell