Pitter nets six as Ottery Reserves thump Colyton
- Credit: Archant
It’s now 28 goals in five outings for the Ottery St Mary Reserves after a Friday night mauling of Colyton Reserves.
The Ottery second string won the Joma Devon & Exeter League Division Two East game 13-0.
There were six different scorers for the Otters with Rikki Pitter taking the honours scoring no fewer than six times.
First team boss Billy Rouse had a run out, coming off the bench to score a hat-trick. The other goals came from Cory Holman, Lorin Newcombe, James Gosney and Matthew Byrne.
The win sees the Otters stay hot on the heels of early season leaders Axminster Town Reserves who have won all five of their games so far.
You may also want to watch:
The Otters have won four and suffered just the one defeat, that to the only team to sit above them.
Tomorrow (Saturday), the Ottery second team entertain an Axmouth United side that has yet to gain a point, two games into the new term having lost 10-0 to Cranbrook and 3-0 to East Budleigh.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid