Platten, Crabbe and Davies lift the magnificent John Griffiths Memorial Trophy at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The John Griffith’s Memorial Trophy was contested at Sidmouth last Sunday, writes George Carr.
The popular event, the first of the winter competitions, attracted a good turnout.
Held in memory of the late John Griffiths, a former chairman of the club and a long-serving committee member, the event was played in a demanding three-ball team medal format.
Sunday morning found Derek Platten, Steve Crabbe and Graham Davies in fine form with a twelve-under-par 54 to claim the handsome trophy.
Close behind on 55 were the likely three-ball of Martin White, Mark Shoobridge and Steve Channing.
You may also want to watch:
After an interval, Pat McCormack, Ray Gunner and Steve Milton claimed third spot with a ten-under par 56 - Well played, gentlemen all.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat