Plum signings for Sidmouth’s Murray
RECRUITMENT by Sidmouth for the 2012 Francis Clark Devon League campaign has already landed two plum signings in Liam Lewis and Peter Randerson from Heathcoat.
Neil Hancock's decision to play at a club nearer his new work base, and the need to find a replacement for last year's overseas player, wicketkeeper Ben Gledhill, focused skipper Will Murray's mind and he attracted the signatures of Lewis and Randerson.
In a side that just avoided relegation, the pair prospered with the bat, wicketkeeper Randerson reaching 500 for the season and all-rounder Lewis 420.
Both are on Devon's radar with Lewis having turned out for both the Lions’ development team and senior side and Randerson in the Lions’ squad.
Murray is now seeing what options are available at home and overseas as the club seeks to strengthen the squad further.
You may also want to watch:
IN the earliest start to the cricket season anyone can remember at Sidmouth's Fort Field ground, Devon will be taking on Somerset II on Sunday, April 8.
The match will see the new visitors' changing room in use for the first time. In a project conceived by John Palmer, a roof void above the pavilion dining area has been utilised to create an area much larger than the existing inadequate visitors' changing room on the ground floor.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
Construction is being carried out by Mike Williams and electrical work by G J Bess & Son.
Finishing touches to the project will be added on NatWest Cricketforce day, Saturday, March 31.