Pollard’s unbeaten half century sees Sidbury to yet another Devon League success
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury continued their winning ways with a comprehensive eight-wicket success in their Devon League Tier Eight East East Five home meeting with Kentisbeare II.
After winning the toss Alex Paget invited his opposite number to bat first and Damien Armes struck twice early on.
The Kents never recovered and were bowled out for 97 in 27.2 overs with their number five bat Peter Kittow (49) the only one into double figures!
All five home bowlers got at least one wicket with the returns being; Simon Rowe (4-33), Damien Armes (2-13), Barney Stone (2-26), Ollie Pyne (1-11) and Josh Reed (1-11).
Ben Pollard and Ed Chester made short work of the run chase, taking the total to 84 when Chester was out for 31. Pollard did then lose Phil Grove (0) before Ollie Pyne (11) joined him to help see the side over the winning line.
You may also want to watch:
Pollard ended unbeaten on 50, scored from 61 deliveries.
Tomorrow (Saturday), Sidbury are again in home action when they host Woodbury & Newton St Cyres II.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!