Poppleford win at Woodbury
Newton Poppleford won the Woodbury CC six-a-side competition, defeating Maltsters Arms in the final.
The event, held at Woodbury’s Town Lane ground, had teams from Branscombe, Lympstone, Newton Poppleford and the Maltsters Arms competing for the Du Buisson Shield.
No fewer than 26 sixes were slammed throughout the day, two less than had been hit the year before.
Newton Poppleford’s Alex Raistrick, who smashed five of the sixes, picked up the six award trophy which was presented by John Kirkaldy a former Woodbury CC six-hitter himself!
Kenny Clay skippered Newton Poppleford to success and it was he who was presented with the Du Buisson Shield by Peggy Valentine.
You may also want to watch:
Vanessa Last and her ladies prepared and presented a superb tea which raised funds for the Parkinson’s Disease Society.
The day was sponsored by Tony Pryce Sports, Ocean Physio and Greendale Farm Shop.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites