Popular pro’s day
Sidmouth Golf Club’s professional Ben Thorn organised a four ball better ball tournament inviting players from other clubs to take part in a very popular pro’s day event, writes John Rockey.
With over 120 players taking part, competition was fierce for the many prizes on offer and some excellent scores were recorded, whilst at the same time fairly forgettable efforts were also chalked on the results board.
At the end of a long day the team of Simon Carter, James Thomas, Fraser Haskell and Mark Coles from East Devon Golf Club took the top prize with 92 points.
Second, and hot pre-tournament favourites to repeat their normal victory in team competitions was the Kevin Legg/Roy Turner/Eric McMath combination, with this week David Haywood helping them amass 91 points.
There was a tight finish for the rest of the prizes with Mike Williams, Chris Roberts, Chris Timms and Mike Smith getting third place with 89 points just ahead of Kevin and Ken Harper along with Rob and Richard Mortimer in fourth place with 88 points.
You may also want to watch:
They relegated Kym White, Moray Bosence, Kevin Trivett and Craig Melluish into fifth place on a countback.
In the ladies’ competition, first prize went to the team of Margot Beauchamp, Sheila Thomson, Yvonne Anning and Angela Coles with 69 points who just beat off the challenge of Margaret Thompson, Julie Lye, Penny Lyne and Marie Timms.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future