Potburys Trophy triumph for Kerridge and Jarvis
Potburys of Sidmouth were the very generous sponsors of the Potburys Trophy played last Saturday, writes John Johnson.
The competition was won by the elderly, but steady, pairing of Trevor Kerridge and Charles Jarvis with 42 points.
Jarvis, who last appeared in the winners enclosure in the 2004 Men’s Open, was the star of the show with his new ‘Michelle Wie’ putting stance and he put it to good effect on the 12th when he holed over the entire length of the green!
Sadly he didn’t actually see the ball go in the cup as he had toppled over!
Mr Golf, Craig Melluish together with Simon Knowles, finished second on the same score, but were edged into second place on countback.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a countback for the third place and it left Bob Johnston and John Eaton edging out David Hoare and Keith Newton after both pairs finished on 41 points.
The ladies prize went to Yvonne Anning and Sheila Thomson with 33 points, but only after Angie Coles and Maria Clapp were disqualified for signing for a wrong score. The nearest the pin prizes went to Angie Coles, the captain, Sheila Thomson, and Chris Timms.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat