Potter, Bebb and Pethick book final berth in Ottery in-house triples final
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary played away at Chardstock in the first round of the Top Club competition.
There was defeat for John Ward in the 2-wood singles but victory for John Pethick in the 4-wood singles and also for Steve Hall and Eric Saunders in the pairs.
In the triples there was defeat for Terry House, George Kille and Bill Taylor whilst in the fours, Dave Brown, Tony Luff, Jamie Taylor and Mike Smith just went down, giving the overall match to Chardstock by three games to two.
In the Men’s County Trophy, played on two rinks at home and two away, Honiton were the
Ottery won on both rinks at home and lost the away games to see the overall result as a draw.
You may also want to watch:
A match against Budleigh saw Ottery win on all three rinks to claim an overall success.
In another County Trophy encounter Ottery defeated Feniton winning on three rinks to record a fine triumph.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
In the men’s Over-60s, the Ottery A team had a convincing 49-24 win over Honiton B whilst, in the 2-Counties competition Ottery beat a strong team from Seaton, winning on two rinks and losing on two, but gaining an overall 72-69 win.
A ladies Unbadged Triples League match played on a damp and windy night the trio of Moyra Griffin, Sharon Kenny and Maureen Phillips, had a good win on their rink, but Val Kille, Ann Howells and Mollie Parker went down by one shot.
In the Ladies’ Over-50s League Ottery played a strong team from Topsham and drew on one rink whilst narrowly losing on the other and so slipping to a defeat.
In a Friendly at home against Tiverton Peoples Park both clubs won on three rinks, but the overall win went to Tiverton 85-97.
The Club Triples were played last weekend with the preliminary rounds contested on Saturday and the semi-finals played on Sunday.
As a result the winnings trios who will now play in the August finals are Michael Potter, Janet Bebb and John Pethick who will take on David Rose, Tony Luff and Shirley Fewtrell.