Powell power too much for Exmouth
Sidmouth under-15s were comfortable winners when they met Exmouth at Bicton.
Dec Lines continued his winning streak of correctly calling at the toss and he opted to send his side out to bat first.
A score of 123 in twenty overs was underpinned by a superb knock from Dan Powell who continued to further his growing reputation with a fluent unbeaten half century whilst Joe Fowler struck a more unconventional, but most effective, 37 with some lusty blows both down the ground and over mid-wicket.
When Exmouth batted it was skipper Lines, together with Callum Bray and George House, who put the visitors under immediate pressure with excellent line and length that restricted the run rate and also brought wickets.
The reply closed on 76-5 leaving Sidmouth winners by 47 runs.
You may also want to watch:
With exams and other commitments several fringe members of the squad got a chance to shine in this fixture.
The attitude of these players was excellent and they demonstrated ably that they are comfortable playing in competitive matches.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences