Powell power too much for Exmouth
Sidmouth under-15s were comfortable winners when they met Exmouth at Bicton.
Dec Lines continued his winning streak of correctly calling at the toss and he opted to send his side out to bat first.
A score of 123 in twenty overs was underpinned by a superb knock from Dan Powell who continued to further his growing reputation with a fluent unbeaten half century whilst Joe Fowler struck a more unconventional, but most effective, 37 with some lusty blows both down the ground and over mid-wicket.
When Exmouth batted it was skipper Lines, together with Callum Bray and George House, who put the visitors under immediate pressure with excellent line and length that restricted the run rate and also brought wickets.
The reply closed on 76-5 leaving Sidmouth winners by 47 runs.
You may also want to watch:
With exams and other commitments several fringe members of the squad got a chance to shine in this fixture.
The attitude of these players was excellent and they demonstrated ably that they are comfortable playing in competitive matches.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford