Price-Jones nets as SOHC Ladies thirds win well at Dawlish
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey ladies’ thirds continued their winning ways this season with a 3-1 triumph over Teign, writes Suzanne Thorpe.
The match, played at Dawlish, was the first away fixture of the season for the ladies.
SOHC began the contest with an attacking formation from the first push back and the hosts were equally adventurous making for an end-to-end game.
Cath Dockerly and Lucy Jade excellent tackling skills came to fore and, from one slick move SOHC took the lead when Bernie Voce and Evie Wilson combined well prior to Angharad Price-Jones rifling the ball into the corner of the net.
Teign were level soon after, but SOHC took a narrow advantage into the break when Katie Ackland scored following a short corner.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the game became stretched as the players fitness was put to the test! The home side worked hard to get back on level terms and only some tremendous midfield industry, particularly from Charlotte Hill, Maddy Roberts, Katie Ackland and Lauren Dockley, kept them at bay.
The points were sealed when a venomous shot from captain Mary Ackland was initially saved by the glovesman, but only cannoned out to Suzanne Thorpe who tucked the ball away.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour