Priestley hits out the shows safe hands as Sidmouth III win
- Credit: Archant
Stand-in glovesman Sean Priestley claimed four catches behind the stumps to sit nicely with a hard-hitting nine ball knock of 23 as Sidmouth III beat Cornwood II by 85 runs.
After once again losing then toss skipper Graham Munday sent regular openers Sargent and Overthrow to launch the innings and both struck half centuries in a first wicket stand of 108.
Overthrow departed to a fine caught and bowled, Gater fell to an in-swinging yorker and Griffiths was caught at long-on.
It was skipper Munday who then took charge hitting a season’s best 64 from just 29 balls, including 13 fours and one six over the clubhouse.
Sargent went next for 52 with a brace of sixes and the late runs arrive din that cameo knock from Priestley as Sidmouth closed on 239-7.
You may also want to watch:
Turner and House were given the new ball and Turner bowled six overs going for 25 runs whilst House sent down seven for 25 runs whilst also picking up two wickets.
Seldon replaced Turner and bowled very well without any luck. It was Gater who was the pick of the home bowlers. His six overs saw him return figures of 3-28 after which the skipper and Sargent bowled in tandem to mop up the tail with the final Cornwood wicket falling on 154.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Tomorrow the third eleven, who sit third in the B Division table 11 points shy of second placed Ottery St Mary II, travel to Alphington.