Pritchard hat-trick can’t save SOHC from exiting cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) were knocked out of the Devon Cup in a high scoring game against Tavistock with Tavvy bagging the berth in the next round courtesy of a 7-5 win.
SOHC made a bright start and some great industry from Sam Parkyn ended with her hassling the Tavvy goalkeeper on the edge of her area which eventually resulted in a penalty flick.
Maisie Pritchard stepped up to send the ‘keeper the wrong way and see SOHC into an early lead.
The lead was doubled when some terrific approach play by Amy Woodruff ended with Pritchard rifling the ball home.
Tavistock hit back to score two goals and restore parity, but the SOHC lead was restored Ellie Marok netting before the lively Pritchard completed her hat-trick to put SOFC into a 4-2 lead.
You may also want to watch:
With some terrific runs from Marok, Sarah Hutchings and Nicky Lockyer, SOHC held a measure of control until the legs began to tire and one or two close decisions went against them which resulted in Tavistock hitting back to score four unanswered goals to lead 6-4. AOHC refused to concede the tie and Karen Dutton fired them back into the contest with the 11th goal of an end-to-end match. However, Tavistock scored a late seventh from a short corner to end the brave SOHC effort.
This Saturday (November 7), the ladies travel to Bridgwater for a noon start.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution