Radford Cup success for Ann Willoughby
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies contested the Radford Cup, writes Maria Clapp.
This competition has been running since 1964 and the format is a stableford. What’s more the contest was played out on the hottest day of the year to date!
However, the heat did not affect Ann Willoughby as she recorded the exceptional score of 41 points to lift the cup.
The Willoughby success also brought about a two shot reduction in her handicap.
Andrea Milton took second place with another good score – she carded 38 points and that saw her handicap reduced by a shot.
You may also want to watch:
Third place went to Liz Chance with 36 points. Yvonne Anning was the only player to score a two.
The Sidmouth ladies Sheelah Creasy Team played their last match of the season at home against Exminster and won 6-1.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Unfortunately, they may have just missed out on progressing to the quarter finals. None the less it must be recorded that the team have had a fine season and well done to one and all for their efforts throughout the campaign.