Radford Cup triumph for Maria Clapp in close contest
- Credit: Archant
Conditions were far from easy for the Radford Cup this Wednesday and good scores were hard to come by, writes Penny Ashby.
Three ladies however, all managed to finish with 33 points.
Countback was called into play and the winner was Maria Clapp.
Mavis Vanstone was runner-up whilst Sue Billinghurst had to settle for third spot.
The mixed friendly team had a day of mixed fortunes against a strong team from Churston on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
In the end they were narrowly beaten by four-and-a-half to three-and-a-half.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford