Raiders on top

West Hill Wasps under 10s travelled to Sidmouth to take on Sidmouth Raiders in a rearranged cup game on Saturday morning.

Sidmouth Raiders U10s 1, West Hill Wasps U10s 3 West Hill Wasps under 10s travelled to Sidmouth to take on Sidmouth Raiders in a rearranged cup game on Saturday morning. The pitch was a little hard after an overnight frost but was ok for the game to go ahead. The Wasps started with Callum Hardwick in goal, Tom Badcott and Alex Flinders at the back, Rick Pollington and Cam Souter-Frost in midfield behind a front two of Tom Collins and Kyle Stone. For the Raiders, Tyler Hillier returned to an outfield position, following scoring his debut goal against Moor View, giving Josh Solman his opportunity between the posts. The Wasps pushed forward from the start and had a shot saved before another through ball from Rick Pollington found Kyle Stone who put the it low and hard past the keeper. Cam Souter-Frost had a shot well saved by the impressive Raiders' keeper. The Raiders started to get going and broke forward, Tom Badcott and Alex Flinders defending hard. Sidmouth broke again and scored. A long shot was saved by Callum Hardwick. Raiders' Roel Ruigrok stole the ball from the Wasps' defence and belted a screamer from the edge of the box which hit the underside of the bar and bounced over the line. A number of chances fell for both teams with Freddie King coming close and the Raiders goalkeeper having to be on his toes. Jack West came on for a while for the injured Ruigrok and Tyler Hillier swapped positions with Josh Solman at halftime. Soon after the break the Wasps where back in front. Kyle Stone found Tom Collins whose left footed shot went in the bottom right hand corner of the goal. The Raiders came back and another good tackle by Alex Flinders stopped the danger. Will Counsell was unlucky with a long range shot. Jaque Khaliq replaced Alex Flinders and made a great tackle with his first touch. James Clarke and Jonathon Surtees were busy on both flanks for the Raiders. Wasps' Rick Pollington was injured and replaced by Sean Jepson in mid field and it was Sean Jepson's pass found live wire Kyle Stone. He beat two men to put in a cross shot that eluded everyone including the Raiders' keeper to make it 3-1. A well deserved win for the Wasps but taking nothing away from the Raiders who played some great football. Kyle Stone was Man of the match for the Wasps for his outstanding play and also scoring two goals.

You may also want to watch:

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus