Raiders so unlucky in defeat at Moors
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were so unfortunate, indeed cruelly undone away at Tiverton, where they lost 3-1 to Moors Milan in an Exeter and District Youth League meeting.
Starting with just nine players it was always going to be difficult and an early goal from the home side was a setback.
Soon after the opening goal the ‘cavalry’ arrived in the shape of extra players. However, before they had the chance to join the game Moors struck again to lead 2-0.
Once back to a full side Raiders began to get a foothold in the game.
Raiders’ Man of the Match, Miles Lewis, exemplified the spirit and character in the Raiders ranks with his supremely combative display and he was rewarded with the goal that his performance deserved.
You may also want to watch:
Raiders as a whole can be very satisfied with their display and, if the match had been 11 versus 11 from the start the final outcome would surely have been very different.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services