Raleigh impress pre-season
Colaton Raleigh F C 5, Tipton St John FC 2
Tony Cox gave Colaton Raleigh an early lead, after an interchange of passes with Adrian Parr sliced open the visitors defence, writes Ken Woodsford.
A fifth minute goal from Tipton levelled the scores, before right back Ben Farrington curled in a beauty to make it 2-1. Farrington then sent in a pin point cross for Jake Boyland to head home.
Tipton replied with a counter attack that beat the offside trap 3-2.
With both teams tiring in the hot conditions, Raleigh added two further goals in the second half, through Adrian Parr and Ben Farrington.
You may also want to watch:
Raleigh player/manager Riki Pitter's verdict: “It was a good work out. Our players are nowhere near fit yet, and I expect to see us 50 per cent better by the time the season starts.”
Colaton Raleigh's young second string defeated Tipton 2nds 4-2.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
Midfielder Matt Dowling, 2, scored with two stunning strikes, and with the new strike force partnership of Adam Howe and James Santer impressing,
Howe fired against the woodwork, before Santer scored with a solo effort. Blake Blackwood was also on the score sheet.
The Raleigh Reserves have a new player/assistant manager.
Leigh Adey has been appointed in the role to provide additional support to boss Wayne Harris.