Raleigh put thrashing behind them
Abbotskerswell FC 5, Colaton Raleigh FC 1
An unbeaten run of 20 games came to an end in the most spectacular way last saturday when Colaton Raleigh were thrashed by Abbotskerswell, writes Ken Woodsford.
Everything that could go wrong, before and during the game, did so as late withdrawals through work commitments left Raleigh to travel with just eleven players.
They were soon down to eight players with Adrian Parr and Damian Armes injured, and Miles Fayter- Small seeing a red card.
The least said about the game the better, and Colaton Raleigh now have the chance to bounce back when they face a tricky home cup fixture this saturday against Bickleigh, who have just pulled their first team out of the Peninsula league.
You may also want to watch:
Colaton Raleigh Reserves gained a creditable draw at Otterton last saturday, 2- 2. Raleigh's goals came courtesy of an own goal, and a super strike from Mark Tett. Dan Hayden and Ed Santer where both outstanding in the Raleigh defence.
This Saturday the Reserves travel to Follygate in a cup fixture.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites