Raring to go against Elmore
Sidmouth Town Res 1, Honiton Town 1
Sidmouth extended their unbeaten run to four games but were disappointed with a draw against an in-form Honiton Town.
They started well and carried the game to the visitors with some good build up play and it was no surprise when Tom Perryman followed up a save from the keeper to put them ahead.
Several clear-cut chances went begging as they totally dominated the game but some slack finishing and good saves from the keeper meant it was 1-0 at half time.
The second half started in the same style with a couple of early chances going begging and one scramble from a corner hitting the bar. Credit to Honiton who improved greatly in the second half and were showing more in attack and, on 65 minutes they equalised from a long ball out of the defence that Sidmouth failed to clear. The Vikings continued to push but just couldn’t find the winner they deserved.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Nick Ogden said: "We wanted to start well and we did. I thought when we scored we would batter them. Our failure to kill them off at 1-0 came back and bit us on the behind. Having said that, we are improving every week and these players are their own biggest critics -they weren't happy with dropping two points.
“If we can marry up work rate with quality play we will become a very good side. I believe in the lads, now they must believe in themselves. Manof the Match Jack Knight made an impressive debut and will be key to providing the ammo for the strikers.".
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Sidmouth Reserves play Elmore away on Saturday.