Raring to go against Elmore
Sidmouth Town Res 1, Honiton Town 1
Sidmouth extended their unbeaten run to four games but were disappointed with a draw against an in-form Honiton Town.
They started well and carried the game to the visitors with some good build up play and it was no surprise when Tom Perryman followed up a save from the keeper to put them ahead.
Several clear-cut chances went begging as they totally dominated the game but some slack finishing and good saves from the keeper meant it was 1-0 at half time.
The second half started in the same style with a couple of early chances going begging and one scramble from a corner hitting the bar. Credit to Honiton who improved greatly in the second half and were showing more in attack and, on 65 minutes they equalised from a long ball out of the defence that Sidmouth failed to clear. The Vikings continued to push but just couldn’t find the winner they deserved.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Nick Ogden said: "We wanted to start well and we did. I thought when we scored we would batter them. Our failure to kill them off at 1-0 came back and bit us on the behind. Having said that, we are improving every week and these players are their own biggest critics -they weren't happy with dropping two points.
“If we can marry up work rate with quality play we will become a very good side. I believe in the lads, now they must believe in themselves. Manof the Match Jack Knight made an impressive debut and will be key to providing the ammo for the strikers.".
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Sidmouth Reserves play Elmore away on Saturday.