Ray shows he’s got talent as he’s crowned 2011 Sidmouth Bowls Single’s Champion.
A good day for bowling last Sunday saw the Finals of 4 Men’s and 3 Mixed competitions decided, write John Chew and John Mason.
The new Men’s Champion is Ray Tallent who beat Ivan Robins.
Ivan went on to win the 2-wood singles in the afternoon beating Mike Smith.
The handicap singles saw Bob Seldon having to give Bob Daniels two shots but nevertheless went on to win despite being nine shots behind at one stage.
The Men’s Centenary Triples saw Maurice Watson, David Ingyon and Brian Smith emerge victors over Ray Tallent, Ron Denning and Len Catford following a closely contested start.
You may also want to watch:
The Nominated Pairs went down to the wire with the scores all square going into the last end. Jean and Norman Brimson lost out to Jean and Derek Mountford despite a nudge of the jack by Norman.
Marion Watson and John Mason were successful in the Mixed Pairs overcoming opposition from Jason Quinn and Sheila Burnand. The Mixed Rink of Mary Turner, Anita Mason, Ron Graham and David Ingyon were successful in the Beer Cup overcoming strong opposition from Chris Wells, Sheila Ingyon, Wilf Radburn and Brian Smith.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge