Rea and Fitch win feva class at Sidmouth Regatta
- Credit: Archant
A most successful 2013 Sidmouth Regatta was enjoyed on and off the sea.
In terms of the action on the sea there were three categories of dinghy racing with scorpions, lasers, topers and feva’s doing battle.
It was visiting crews and their craft who took the top two berths in the scorpion class.
Barry and Linda Wolfenden from Chipstead SC took first place ahead of Janet and Alan Ritchie from the same club. James Salter and Hope Brodie flew the Sidmouth flag highest, coming in third with Alex and Andy Haman, fourth, Miles Hapgood and Steve Smith fifth and Nick Jennings and Connor Fitch placed sixth, all the minor placings were Sidmouth crews.
The laser winner was Beer’s Stuart Aplin with Bob Vine (Sidmouth) second and another Beer sailor, Mike Taylor in third. Fourth place was taken by Sidmouth’s Barney Croft with Paul Whitlow of Beer sixth.
You may also want to watch:
There was home success in the feva class with Jack Rea and Kyle Fitch taking top honours with Oliver Moor-Jones and Michael Elsom, also from the host club, the runners-up.
It was also a Sidmouth one-two in the toppers with Charlie Smith winning and Willow Casbolt-Grant taking second place.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections