Rea and Fitch win feva class at Sidmouth Regatta
- Credit: Archant
A most successful 2013 Sidmouth Regatta was enjoyed on and off the sea.
In terms of the action on the sea there were three categories of dinghy racing with scorpions, lasers, topers and feva’s doing battle.
It was visiting crews and their craft who took the top two berths in the scorpion class.
Barry and Linda Wolfenden from Chipstead SC took first place ahead of Janet and Alan Ritchie from the same club. James Salter and Hope Brodie flew the Sidmouth flag highest, coming in third with Alex and Andy Haman, fourth, Miles Hapgood and Steve Smith fifth and Nick Jennings and Connor Fitch placed sixth, all the minor placings were Sidmouth crews.
The laser winner was Beer’s Stuart Aplin with Bob Vine (Sidmouth) second and another Beer sailor, Mike Taylor in third. Fourth place was taken by Sidmouth’s Barney Croft with Paul Whitlow of Beer sixth.
You may also want to watch:
There was home success in the feva class with Jack Rea and Kyle Fitch taking top honours with Oliver Moor-Jones and Michael Elsom, also from the host club, the runners-up.
It was also a Sidmouth one-two in the toppers with Charlie Smith winning and Willow Casbolt-Grant taking second place.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences