Ready for rail and river run at Tipton?
THE picturesque Otter Valley Rail and River Run takes place on Saturday, July 10, at Tipton St John Playing Fields.
THE picturesque Otter Valley Rail and River Run takes place on Saturday, July 10, at Tipton St John Playing Fields. It is a 10km multi-terrain race, with a 2.5 mile fun run for those who like to take things a little easier.
Both runs are mostly off-road on tracks, footpaths and fields in the scenic Otter Valley, taking in the old railway line between Tipton St John and Harpford, and the banks of the winding River Otter to finish on the playing field.
"Organised by Tipton St John Playing Field Association, the run is the major fundraising activity for the playing field, which is struggling at the moment to keep income at pace with costs," says organiser Jo Earlam.
There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Male and Female, local runner awards and vet category certificates, along with a souvenir for all, with refreshments available, including barbecue food and homemade cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Entry costs are: 10km: �8, discounted to �6 for EA licensed competitors. Fun Run: �3. 10km entries �2 extra on the day, space permitting, as the race limit is 200. Forms can be downloaded from: www.womensrunningnetwork.co.uk/Events/WRN_Events.htm, or contact organiser Jo Earlam email@example.com or phone her on (01404) 813933.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future