Ready for to take on South East
Sidmouth’s Golf Croquet team of eight players travelled to Budleigh Salterton for their penultimate match in the South West Federation Golf Croquet League South West Section, writes Helen Pryor.
After the dreadful rainy conditions experienced so far this season, it was a pleasure to play on a beautiful sunny day on four excellent lawns.
The match comprised four doubles and 16 singles. By lunchtime, when two doubles and 12 singles had been played, Sidmouth had established a good lead of 9-5. The lead was maintained in the afternoon session when two doubles and four singles were played, despite Budleigh Salterton winning three of the six games, with one draw.
Overall, against a strong Budleigh team, Sidmouth put up a creditable performance with John Coombes gaining the most points for the team with two wins and one draw.
The final score was Budleigh Salterton 8�, Sidmouth 11�.
You may also want to watch:
Having now won six matches out of six in the South West section of the League, and with only one more match to be played, against Dowlish Wake in August, a place in the semi-final against South East beckons.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka