Ready for to take on South East
Sidmouth’s Golf Croquet team of eight players travelled to Budleigh Salterton for their penultimate match in the South West Federation Golf Croquet League South West Section, writes Helen Pryor.
After the dreadful rainy conditions experienced so far this season, it was a pleasure to play on a beautiful sunny day on four excellent lawns.
The match comprised four doubles and 16 singles. By lunchtime, when two doubles and 12 singles had been played, Sidmouth had established a good lead of 9-5. The lead was maintained in the afternoon session when two doubles and four singles were played, despite Budleigh Salterton winning three of the six games, with one draw.
Overall, against a strong Budleigh team, Sidmouth put up a creditable performance with John Coombes gaining the most points for the team with two wins and one draw.
The final score was Budleigh Salterton 8�, Sidmouth 11�.
You may also want to watch:
Having now won six matches out of six in the South West section of the League, and with only one more match to be played, against Dowlish Wake in August, a place in the semi-final against South East beckons.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat