Reece wins high handicap event at Sidmouth Croquet Club
THE Sidmouth Intermediate League home match against Budleigh Salterton was a hard-fought affair on a dull and rainy day.
By lunchtime, Sidmouth were 2-1 down with only Ian Friedlander (captain) scraping home 19-17.
The afternoon session saw no improvement, with only Ian once again winning, this time 26-13.
The overall match score ended Sidmouth 2, Budleigh Salterton 5.
The One-Ball Competition for the Corbett Spoons was held at the beginning of the month.
You may also want to watch:
The low handicap players were the first to compete, with Keith Thorley beating David Temple in the final.
The following day, it was the turn of the high handicap players. Anne Reece and Ann Ractliffe emerged victorious from their blocks with Anne Reece going on to win.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time