Relegation confirmed for SOHC men’s 2nd XI
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club 2nd XI had their relegation from Southern Two confirmed after they went down 4-0 at home to Caradon.
In a contest that typified the campaign for the team, they put in loads of effort and enjoyed plenty of territorial advantage, but once again could not find a way of converting chances into goals.
In stark contrast, visiting Caradon made three slick breaks in the first half and found the back of the net each time.
Caradon added a fourth in the second half to leave SOHC suffering another all-round frustrating afternoon.
The hope is that the team can now regroup for next season when they will hopefully not endure the sort of lengthy trips they have this campaign, and when they will be able to enjoy that winning feeling once again!
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow (Saturday) the 2nd XI are involved in an in-house derby game when they play the SOHC 1st XI, who were crowned league champions last weekend.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions