Renken reigns in Sidmouth B team competition
A B team competition was contested last Saturday at Sidmouth, writes George Carr.
In the form of a three-ball competition, this final outing gave B team members, playing in pairs, the opportunity to invite a guest (usually a club member) to join them for the day.
Top of the leader-board, ten better, and clear by five from their nearest challengers were Merve Baker, Paul Renken and their well-chosen guest, Dave Hoare.
Renken is a single-figure golfer who knows his way round Sidmouth’s fairways and greens better than most, evidence the 82 points and well-deserved top prize money.
Trailing on 77, though, claiming second spot still, Steve Channing, Bob Welsman on his buggy and guest Neil Faulkner had a good day out for sure.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Leach and the in-form Derek Platten invited Mick Baden (Harry) to join them which proved a very wise move indeed for their 75 points secured them third place. All of which wraps up B team activity till the spring.
Tomorrow (December 7), brings the Turkey-trot upon us and a chance to win some festive food - Christmas is closer than you, and most turkeys, might have hoped!
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory