Reserves could have wrapped this one up
Topsham Town 2nds 0 Sidmouth Town 2nds 0
The Vikings’ reserve side travelled into Exeter to meet a Topsham side lying one berth above them in Division Two. With the pitch in good order it was the away side that started the brighter and Kev Dorman had the first chance when he beat the offside trap only to be thwarted by a last-ditch tackle. At the opposite end Anthony Griffiths and Mick Nield kept a tight rein on the Topsham attack,with Vikings’ Robbie Powell never really tested in the visitors’ goal. Dorman always looked dangerous but couldn’t turn any pressure into goals.
The second half was pretty much the same story with the Vikings on top but with nothing to show for their superiority. On a rare foray forward Topsham should have taken the lead when Rivett sliced wide with the goal at his mercy. This seemed to galvanise the visitors and in a 10-minute spell they should have wrapped the game up.
Firstly, Dorman was played in on goal and as the keeper came out of his box Dorman knocked it around him only to slice his attempt into the side netting. Then, with the game in its final minutes, Dorman created a simple chance for Lewis Grant who just needed to sidefoot into an empty net,only to let the ball run under his foot. Will Jenkins followed up and saw his effort deflected onto the post by the goalkeeper. This proved to be the last chance and a draw was a better result for the home side.
?On Saturday, November 17, Sidmouth Town host Stoke Gabriel 2.15 ko in the Peninsula League.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Town 2nds are away to Elmore Reserves.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge