Rest of the World see off East Devonians at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The JH Taylor Putter was the prize as the Sidmouth Golf Club East Devonians competed against the Rest of the World (otherwise known as a fixture that sees ‘The in-breds versus The ex pats), writes John Barnard.
This meeting is always good fun and it also marks a period in the year – March – that leaves the playing season quickly approaching!
The East Devonians were led by club vice-captain Richard Powell while the Rest of the World team were led by club captain Ray Gunston.
They played in the first match and the East Devonians were no match for Trevor Kerridge’s steady play and Ray making the most of his shots.
However, the second match saw Steve Milton and Keith Milton record a win over John Barnard and Chris Grubb. The next four matches were all close, East Devonians won two and ROW the same.
You may also want to watch:
Then, the ROW took control winning the next three matches to take an unassailable 7-4 lead. Some pride was restored to the in-breds as they won the last two matches. Captain Ray Gunston was delighted to record the first win of his captaincy.
It was an excellent day although there was some discussion revolving around the heritage of some so called East Devonians!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon