Returning trio boost Sidmouth Under-14s who return to winning ways with Honiton triumph
Sidmouth 15, Honiton 0 Sidmouth Under-14s served up an excellent all-round show to win with something to spare.
The team were able to welcome back Sam Cavin and Tom Counsell from their Devon County commitments whilst David Chan was also back in the fold after recent overseas travel.
With the trio available again it means Sidmouth fielding their strongest side this season!
The first score came after good combination between Cavin and Bagwell prior to Chan going over the Honiton line.
A powerful surge started, and finished, by Counsell produced the second try to complete the first half scoring.
You may also want to watch:
There was one scare for the Sidmouth defensive line when the Honiton winger broke through, but seemed to think the 5-metre line was the try line!
The flow of the game continued after the break with Sidmouth continuing to dominate large parts of the contest. A key to the dominance was the strength of the pack which moved freely across the pitch, almost at will.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Connor Woodhouse nailed what proved to be the only try of the second period as Sidmouth comfortably closed out a clean sheet success.