Returning trio boost Sidmouth Under-14s who return to winning ways with Honiton triumph
Sidmouth 15, Honiton 0 Sidmouth Under-14s served up an excellent all-round show to win with something to spare.
The team were able to welcome back Sam Cavin and Tom Counsell from their Devon County commitments whilst David Chan was also back in the fold after recent overseas travel.
With the trio available again it means Sidmouth fielding their strongest side this season!
The first score came after good combination between Cavin and Bagwell prior to Chan going over the Honiton line.
A powerful surge started, and finished, by Counsell produced the second try to complete the first half scoring.
You may also want to watch:
There was one scare for the Sidmouth defensive line when the Honiton winger broke through, but seemed to think the 5-metre line was the try line!
The flow of the game continued after the break with Sidmouth continuing to dominate large parts of the contest. A key to the dominance was the strength of the pack which moved freely across the pitch, almost at will.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Connor Woodhouse nailed what proved to be the only try of the second period as Sidmouth comfortably closed out a clean sheet success.