Reynolds wins Morritt Medal at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Last Week Sidmouth ladies played for the Morritt Medal, writes Maria Clapp.
In first place was Linda Reynolds with nett 69 also winning Division Two.
Second place went to Angela Coles with a nett 70 and that also landed her Division One.
In third was Maria Clapp and there were two twos scored by Gill Paddon and Ros Eaton.
This Wednesday some ladies braved the weather conditions! Luckily we haven’t had to play in conditions like this for a while.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies contested the Arthur Skinner Cup. This is a par competition, where you can not afford to make a mistake.
This is when players always say: “If only I had got that putt” – they are so near and yet so far!
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
The winner this week was Angela Coles with minus two. It was a close affair as count back was used to edge out Sheila Tallon and Liz Chance after both also finished with minus two.
Considering the awful, weather these were very commendable scores indeed.