Roberts at the treble as SOHC fourths defeat Teign III
SOHC ladies fourth team were worthy winners as they saw off Teign III 4-2.
After not having a game the previous week coupled with the fact that a number of regular players were unavailable SOHC fielded a new-look eleven for the game against the South Devon side who are sitting nearer to the foot, than the top of the divisional table.
Before the match the SOHC ladies were urged to play with a high tempo from the off and they responded to the prompting, making a bright start.
They took the lead when Jane Roberts slotted a reverse stick shot from a short corner beyond the visiting goalkeeper.
Teign responded well and only a number of smart saves by SOHC keeper Charlotte Brodie and some terrific defending, particularly from Jo Elliott and Caren Flicker, kept the visitors at arms length until the equaliser did indeed arrive.
You may also want to watch:
Stung by parity being restored, SOHC were quickly back onto the front foot and two more short corners were both powered home by Roberts giving her a first-half hat-trick and her maiden treble this season.
After the break there was more of the same from both teams and, when Teign scored their second it meant the outcome of the game was once again in the balance.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
Jess Oliver worked hard in the home midfield, creating a number of promising opportunities for the forwards. Kate Fraser went close a couple of times hat-trick star Roberts turned provider to play in Norma Rich and she kept a cool head to slot the ball home and seal victory.