Roberts edges out Knowles in Sidmouth Jewellers meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jewellers stableford drew another big field last Friday, writes George Carr.
Chris (CM) Roberts won this one by one shot from Simon Knowles.
Roberts needed only 18 of his 23 handicap to card the winning score of 39 points with some very steady golf.
Simon Knowles continues to improve and his 38 points is proof enough. Stuart Ruffle playing off 19 for 36 points will be rueing the blobs (no score) on holes 11, 16, and 17, which surely cost him some sweep money!
However, he did manage to keep Neil Faulkener in fourth place on count back.
You may also want to watch:
Messr’s Bosence, Thomas and Crabbe, all on 35 points, followed close behind.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club