Roberts reigns as Sidmouth Under-10s put Bridport to the sword
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s dominated hosts Bridport from start to finish and recorded two big wins.
The first game saw Sidmouth click smoothly into gear with some slick handling.
Ryan Couzens and Freddie Barker also performed some great rucking to hold off the Bridport players leading to a turn overs which allowed the wings to score. Freddie Roberts, in his first season of rugby, picked a couple of runs and delivered two tries whilst Oli Bond also grabbed his first try of the season.
It proved to be very much a one-sided contest and most of the Sidmouth team got on the score sheet in a 12-1.
With Sidmouth fielding a completely different team for the second game it seemed to make no difference what so ever to their supremacy and once again the Dorset hosts were forced to endure the full power of a slick Devon outfit!
You may also want to watch:
From the first move of the game Will Cockayne Cotrell scored his first try of the season with a determined run to the try line. The players combined well and scored freely throughout the game, Freddie Roberts notched his first ever try and Oliver Mitchell picked off his first try of the season and Thomas Fletcher bagged a couple more. Bridport battled admirably, but in the end were ground down to just one consolation try as Sidmouth bagged the second game with another 12-1 score line.
The Sid Valley Garage Man of the Match award went to Charlie Roberts who scored his first two competitive tries in an overall impressive performance.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!