Rogers rules in Charles Stanley Monday Stableford
- Credit: Archant
The fourth round Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won this week by Graham Rogers with 40 points, writes John Barnard.
He entered both the club competition and the seniors, so cleaned up on both the drinks will be on him.
Nothing much happened for him on the front nine but off his handicap of 12, he played the back nine in level gross, including two birdies to set up his win.
In second place was Harrison Jones. Showing that getting married recently hasn’t distracted him, he also had a good back nine, which was just as well as three players all scored 39 points so he won on countback, a birdie on the 15th for four points making all the difference.
In third place was David Pepperell. He had a very steady round with just the one birdie, on the difficult 14th hole
You may also want to watch:
In the birdie count, Mike Knight is now in the lead with ten with Martin White second on nine with three other players on eight.
Mike also leads in the eclectic with a nett 54 with Nick Gingell now on 56 and Simon Knowles and Simon Emerson a further shot back on 57.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'