Rosalie Warren Trophy success for Liz Chance
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth Ladies played for the Rosalie Warren Trophy, writes Maria Clapp.
This trophy was presented to the club in 2011 by Mrs Rosalie Warren who was lady captain in 2009.
The competition is played as a Stableford with the aim being to raise funds for charity.
There is no handicap limit for this competition and, in addition to the entry fee, donations are requested, and gratefully received!
The winner receives the Rosalie Warren trophy for a year.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s winner was Liz Chance with 31 points. In second place was Yvonne Anning with 30 points and it was a close call for third place with countback called into play and Sue Langdon bagging the spot.
There were no twos on the day, but the rain was most spring like and the sun shone for most of the day with there being just a few spots of rain!
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
The main task of the day, apart from enjoying the golf, was to raise funds and we were delighted that we were able to raise almost £80 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Today (Friday) the Presidents and Shelagh Creasy teams are playing a practice match against each other in preparation for the season ahead.