Round-up from the Devon Cricket League
- Credit: Tom Sandberg/PPAUK
While the Premier Division title race is looking incredibly tight, Exmouth CC still hold a 14-point lead in the A Division of the Tolchards Devon Cricket League, despite a five-wicket loss to nearest rivals Plympton.
Budleigh Salterton are not far behind in third following their comfortable win over bottom club Seaton, who will face Kilmington in a relegation showdown this weekend.
Just two points separate Clyst St George and Bovey Tracey at the top of the B Division. Bertie Creer took five wickets as Clyst just held on for a two-run win over Bridestowe, while Bovey slipped up at home to Ipplepen.
A fabulous 73 from just 48 balls by Charles Brock set the tone for Sidmouth 2nds in securing a tense two-wicket triumph at home to Heathcoat 2nds in C Division East. The victory keeps Sidmouth five points clear of second-placed Alphington and Countess Wear.
An unbeaten 93 from Tom Mitcham and four wickets for Tom Robotham were the stand-out performances, as Braunton beat Sandford by seven wickets to stay in third.
Shobrooke Park are now just one point ahead of North Devon 2nds in D Division East. Shobrooke were given a shock at home to Sampford Peverell & Tiverton, who were grateful to Tom Hill (74 no) and Josh Kellaway (3/52) in their eight-wicket victory.
North Devon 2nds beat Feniton by six wickets and there was the strange anomaly of batsmen from both sides ending their innings on 99 not out, James Starkey for North Devon and Jonathan Pyle for Feniton.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapse caught on camera
- 2 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 3 Sidmouth Folk Festival: Embracing the event's evolution
- 4 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 5 Sidmouth Folk Festival: Singing 'like a bloke' and celebrating life and music
- 6 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 7 Ottery councillors urge Stagecoach to reinstate late night bus service
- 8 Ottery skatepark CLOSED
- 9 Sidmouth puts on a stunning show for national In Bloom judges
- 10 Property of the Week: Belvedere Court, Sidmouth
Thorverton 2nds and Topsham St James are well clear of the pack in E Division East, while North Devon 3rds and Ottery St Mary 2nds occupy the bottom two places. Just five points separate the top three in F Division East, Exwick CC, Alphington and Countess Wear 2nds and Cullompton 2nds.
Culmstock are still top of G Division East, despite a surprise loss to Cheriton Fitzpaine. Kilmington 2nds are nine points behind the leaders. Filleigh are running away with H Division East and still yet to taste defeat in this impressive campaign.