Rowan stars as Warriors are edged out by CS Pumas
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s were edged out by the odd goal in three when they met CS Pumas in an Exeter and District League game.
It was a sloppy opening that left them with two much to do that was the cause of their downfall.
In the opening 10 minutes they contrived to concede two goals after which time they enjoyed plenty of the ball and indeed looked the better side for much of the contest!
The Pumas are a strong outfit, but Warriors more than matched their opponents, but they struggled to break down their most effective defensive unit. It was not until the closing stages that Warriors finally managed to get the goal their general play deserved.
It was Tim Goody who on hand to knock the ball home after another Stanley Richardson orchestrated
You may also want to watch:
Counter-attack. Thomas Rowan was outstanding for Warriors and the team will no doubt now be comfortable in the knowledge that they can compete with the best in the division – as long as they do not have any more poor starts!
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal