Rowan stars as Warriors are edged out by CS Pumas
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s were edged out by the odd goal in three when they met CS Pumas in an Exeter and District League game.
It was a sloppy opening that left them with two much to do that was the cause of their downfall.
In the opening 10 minutes they contrived to concede two goals after which time they enjoyed plenty of the ball and indeed looked the better side for much of the contest!
The Pumas are a strong outfit, but Warriors more than matched their opponents, but they struggled to break down their most effective defensive unit. It was not until the closing stages that Warriors finally managed to get the goal their general play deserved.
It was Tim Goody who on hand to knock the ball home after another Stanley Richardson orchestrated
You may also want to watch:
Counter-attack. Thomas Rowan was outstanding for Warriors and the team will no doubt now be comfortable in the knowledge that they can compete with the best in the division – as long as they do not have any more poor starts!
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat