Rowden nets as Raiders Under-13s defeat Brixington Blues
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were 3-2 winners when they made the short trip into Exmouth to meet Brixington Blues.
Lewis Rowden put the visitors ahead with a dipping shot from 25-yards midway through the first half before Will Bond, who had a superb first half on the left wing, doubled the lead with a close range finish.
Brixington pulled a deserved goal back, with a close range effort after the Raiders failed to deal with a corner late in the first half.
Bond continued to torment the opposition with his runs and crossing and was unlucky not double his tally on several occasions in the first half.
CJ Abbot threatened to increase the lead on several occasions with long range efforts going just wide.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end of the pitch the Raiders back line of Noah Raffell, Kieren ‘Smithy’ Phillips and Toby Whitfield coped well with the Brixington threat.
Jed Pinnock grabbed the Raiders third with 10 minutes left, finishing off flowing move to make it 3-1.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
Brixington never gave up though and scored again to ensure a nail-biting finish, but Raiders held on to deservedly win the game.