Rowden nets as Raiders Under-13s defeat Brixington Blues
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were 3-2 winners when they made the short trip into Exmouth to meet Brixington Blues.
Lewis Rowden put the visitors ahead with a dipping shot from 25-yards midway through the first half before Will Bond, who had a superb first half on the left wing, doubled the lead with a close range finish.
Brixington pulled a deserved goal back, with a close range effort after the Raiders failed to deal with a corner late in the first half.
Bond continued to torment the opposition with his runs and crossing and was unlucky not double his tally on several occasions in the first half.
CJ Abbot threatened to increase the lead on several occasions with long range efforts going just wide.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end of the pitch the Raiders back line of Noah Raffell, Kieren ‘Smithy’ Phillips and Toby Whitfield coped well with the Brixington threat.
Jed Pinnock grabbed the Raiders third with 10 minutes left, finishing off flowing move to make it 3-1.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Brixington never gave up though and scored again to ensure a nail-biting finish, but Raiders held on to deservedly win the game.