Rowe stars as Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s win well at Hemyock
- Credit: Archant
Hemyock 1, Sidmouth Raiders 4 Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s were handsome winners in their latest Exeter and District Youth League game, writes Di Puzey.
A feature of the performance was the tremendous team work that they showed from first whistle to last. The first half saw Raiders dominate to such an extent that keeper Jones had time to enjoy the pleasant morning sunshine!
That was very much because, on the odd occasion the home side managed to break out, they got little change out of the impressive Raiders defensive unit of Scrivens, Gibson and Wyant.
Wilson, Latham and Lorkin all went close before a well-flighted corner from Rowe was met with a powerful header by Morgan to beak the deadlock with what proved to be the only goal of the first half.
After the break there was a slow start to proceedings, but the pace gradually increased and the home side began to create chances which forced Jones, in the Raiders goal, to make a number of smart saves. At the other end of the pitch a Monaghan corner was cleared only to land at the feet of West who rifled the ball home to double the Raiders lead.
You may also want to watch:
Laurenti created a number of good scoring opportunities before Monaghan made it 3-0. The home side hit back almost straight away to deny the Raiders a clean sheet success, but the three goal margin was swiftly restored when Gibson tucked away the games sixth and final goal.
The performance of Sinker in the Raiders defence is worthy of mention whilst the winners Man of the Match award went to Rowe who showed quick feet throughout.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients