Royal Windsor Show has exciting schedule for 2013
- Credit: Archant
The Show Jumping entries for Royal Windsor this year (May 8 to 12), include three of the four British Olympic Team Gold Medallists from London 2012. Ben Maher, Nick Skelton, and Peter Charles all have entries for the Show.
They are included amongst the total of over 4000 entries to encompass Show Jumping, Driving, Dressage and Endurance.
This is the largest number of entries that Royal Windsor has received in its 70 year history.
The three British Olympic Show Jumpers are all entered into the Alltech Grand Prix which takes place on Sunday, May 12, at 2.35pm.
The Show expects over 40,000 visitors to the Show over the course of its five days and there will be a packed audience in the Castle Arena for the Grand Prix.
You may also want to watch:
The Land Rover International Driving Grand Prix is also populated with some very high class entries. Fifty four drivers from seventeen nations have announced their participation in this highly ranked international driving competition. Current FEI World Cup Driving Champion Koos de Ronde (NED) is competing but hot competition is expected from double World Champion four-in-hand Driving, British-based Boyd Exell (AUS) as well as Ijsbrnd Chardon (NED), Felix-Marie Brasseur (BEL), Theo Timmerman (NED), Fredrick Persson (SWE) and from GBR, Pippa Bassett and George Bowman.
An international endurance competition is being introduced to Royal Windsor for the first time in 2013 which will take place in Windsor Great Park on Friday May 10, with one section of the route taking in Ascot Racecourse.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
Royal Windsor Horse Show celebrates its 70th anniversary this year and alongside the large number of competitors it will also have an exciting programme of displays for the audience to enjoy. This includes The Musical Drive of The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, The Musical Ride of The Household Cavalry, The DAKS Pony Club Mounted Games and The Shetland Pony Grand National.