Rudolph nets festive cracker as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s hit Lympets for seven
- Credit: Archant
Fittingly for a match played just days before Christmas a Rudolph was on the score sheet for Sidmouth Town Raiders Under-11s, writes Steve Birley.
The Raiders were 7-0 winners in their latest Exeter and District Youth League Division Two.
Their third victory of the league campaign lifted them out of the relegation berths heading into 2014 and the resumption of matches on Saturday, January 4.
The last Saturday before Christmas was a washout with only eight of the 50 Exeter and District Youth League games scheduled surviving the weather.
There was no better news for the senior footballers with only nine matches escaping the elements in the Fresha League, that across nine divisions!
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Town were denied a good pre-Christmas gate when their Manstone Lane game with Exwick Villa was washed out and no action too for Ottery St Mary who had been due to visit Chagford for a Fresha league Three game.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown