Couch to 5K
- Credit: Archant
Couch to 5K
If you feel inspired by running club achievements, try getting into the sport with the superb Couch to 5K programme.
Couch to 5K is a running plan for absolute beginners. It was developed by a new runner, Josh Clark, who wanted to help his 50-something mum get off the couch and start runnin.
The plan involves three runs a week, with a day of rest in between, and a different schedule for each of the nine weeks.
Probably the biggest challenge a new runner faces is not knowing how or where to start. Often, when trying to get into exercise, we can overdo it, feel defeated and give up when we’re just getting started.
You may also want to watch:
Couch to 5K works because it starts with a mix of running and walking to gradually build up your fitness and stamina.
Download the NHS Couch to 5K running plan for beginners and make your lockdown a chance to get fit.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford