Sally wins well and loses three shots off her handicap
- Credit: Archant
The Bank Holiday Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won last week by Sally Billinghurst, writes John Barnard.
It is a rare event for a lady to play in the Monday competition, but it is open to all club members and Sally has won in the past. This win cost Sally three shots on her handicap as she came down to 24. Three pars and a number of three pointers on holes that she received two shots on meant an excellent score and a good bank holiday prize win!
In second place was David Burgess.
He usually saves himself for the Friday competition but this time, he played an unusually steady round of golf with an excellent back nine, two under gross with seven pars and birdies on holes ten and thirteen.
In third place was Tony Wilson. Playing off a handicap of 22, the highlight of his round was a birdie on the difficult 16th hole.
You may also want to watch:
In the Eclectic, Mike Knight leads with a nett 46, closely followed on 47 by Harrison Jones, Jonathan Lee and Hugh Dorliac.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford