Sandhurst Town wins Rollason tournament at Sidbury
Sandhurst Town won the Hayden Rollason Memorial trophy for the third year running.
Sandhurst Town won the Hayden Rollason Memorial trophy for the third year running, after wins against The Royal Marines (4-3) and against the hosts Sidbury (6-2) in the final on Sunday.
The Marines put up a brave show on Saturday after they fought back from 3-0 down to level, only to see Sandhurst score with five minutes remaining.
Senior One side Sidbury turned in a good display coming back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 against Ottery St Mary, the goals coming from Kevin Dorman and Stuart Coombs
Third place went to the Marines, who beat Ottery on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, Sidbury stood up to some enormous pressure from Sandhurst but it was the Seagulls who struck first through Danny Minto.
The visitors quickly levelled, but Danny Green restored the lead with a fine, headed goal. Sandhurst equalised again just before the break.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
The second half saw the Combined Counties league outfit show their quality and run away with four goals.
The club would like to thank the clubs that took part, especially the Marines who had several players on the field who had been involved with an inter camp competition which saw them play at least five games leading up to the weekend.
This Saturday, Tipton St John are the visitors to Byes Lane with both sides playing - the reserve team game kicks off at 1.30pm with the first team game due to kick off at 3.45pm.